New Tampa Bay, FL, ER may be swan song for CEO
St. Petersburg Times, February 28, 2008
Morton Plant Mease Health Care's is set to open a $9-million free-standing emergency room in Tampa Bay, FL. The freestanding ER is only the fourth in the state, and is designed to provide emergency care in an underserved area. The facility is the latest contribution to Morton Plant CEO Philip Beauchamp's legacy of improving the community's access to medical care, and it also might be one of his last. Beauchamp has announced he will retire in 2009.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer