New Tampa Bay, FL, ER may be swan song for CEO
St. Petersburg Times, February 28, 2008
Morton Plant Mease Health Care's is set to open a $9-million free-standing emergency room in Tampa Bay, FL. The freestanding ER is only the fourth in the state, and is designed to provide emergency care in an underserved area. The facility is the latest contribution to Morton Plant CEO Philip Beauchamp's legacy of improving the community's access to medical care, and it also might be one of his last. Beauchamp has announced he will retire in 2009.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data