Albany Med embarks on $360 million expansion plan
The Business Review (Albany), February 28, 2008
Albany Medical Center has requested New York state approval for a $360 million complex that would add 116 beds to the facility. The expansion proposal is due to increased demand at the facility--admissions to Albany Med have risen by more than 27 percent over the past several years, officials said. If approved, construction would begin in late 2009 and be completed by early 2012.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'