Albany Med embarks on $360 million expansion plan
The Business Review (Albany), February 28, 2008
Albany Medical Center has requested New York state approval for a $360 million complex that would add 116 beds to the facility. The expansion proposal is due to increased demand at the facility--admissions to Albany Med have risen by more than 27 percent over the past several years, officials said. If approved, construction would begin in late 2009 and be completed by early 2012.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts