Orange, CA, hospital under investigation for operating room error
Los Angeles Times, March 3, 2008
St. Joseph Hospital in Orange, CA, is under state investigation for mistakenly doing knee-repair surgery on a patient's good knee. The incident is the third "wrong-site" procedure to occur at the hospital since January 2006. The California Department of Public Health investigation marks the second time in a few months that a well-known Southern California hospital has come under public scrutiny for medical mistakes.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics