Flu cases hit Kansas City-area hospitals hard
Kansas City Star, March 4, 2008
This flu season has been creating a tough time for Kansas City-area hospitals and the patients they treat. Emergency rooms have been packed and waiting times have extended into hours due to an influx of both flu patients and those with other respiratory infections. Hospitals have been forced to tell ambulances to pass them by because they're out of room.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law