Land deal surrounding Florida hospital in hands of voters
St. Petersburg Times, March 5, 2008
A proposed agreement between Helen Ellis Memorial Hospital, Tarpon Springs, FL, and a developer could bring doctors, jobs and affordable housing to the the city, officials say. Three referendum questions will ask Tarpon Spring voters to amend the city's lease with the hospital. If approved, two parcels of land just north of the hospital would be made available to developers who propose a mixed-use project at the site.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Access to EHR Notes Lauded by Patients, Providers