Land deal surrounding Florida hospital in hands of voters
St. Petersburg Times, March 5, 2008
A proposed agreement between Helen Ellis Memorial Hospital, Tarpon Springs, FL, and a developer could bring doctors, jobs and affordable housing to the the city, officials say. Three referendum questions will ask Tarpon Spring voters to amend the city's lease with the hospital. If approved, two parcels of land just north of the hospital would be made available to developers who propose a mixed-use project at the site.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013