Land deal surrounding Florida hospital in hands of voters
St. Petersburg Times, March 5, 2008
A proposed agreement between Helen Ellis Memorial Hospital, Tarpon Springs, FL, and a developer could bring doctors, jobs and affordable housing to the the city, officials say. Three referendum questions will ask Tarpon Spring voters to amend the city's lease with the hospital. If approved, two parcels of land just north of the hospital would be made available to developers who propose a mixed-use project at the site.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer