Bay Area Sutter nurses OK strike
Sacramento Business Journal, March 5, 2008
California nurses at Alta Bates Summit Medical Center campuses in Berkeley and Oakland and at San Leandro Hospital have voted to give their union the authority to call a 10-day strike. The union says that the key issue in the strike is "Sutter's refusal to schedule RNs to care for patients when nurses are on legally mandated meal, rest, or bathroom breaks." Nurses at 11 Sutter hospitals held two-day walkouts in October and December 2007.
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest