Bay Area Sutter nurses OK strike
Sacramento Business Journal, March 5, 2008
California nurses at Alta Bates Summit Medical Center campuses in Berkeley and Oakland and at San Leandro Hospital have voted to give their union the authority to call a 10-day strike. The union says that the key issue in the strike is "Sutter's refusal to schedule RNs to care for patients when nurses are on legally mandated meal, rest, or bathroom breaks." Nurses at 11 Sutter hospitals held two-day walkouts in October and December 2007.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers