New Des Moines, IA, hospitals expect to draw other business
Des Moines Register, March 5, 2008
With Iowa Health's $118 million hospital and Mercy Medical Center's $100 million facility under construction in West Des Moines, leaders hope they can attract more healthcare development to the area's already strong medical foundation. Joseph LeValley, Mercy's senior vice president of planning, said population growth and shifts are driving growth in the healthcare industry. The Des Moines area alone is expected to have 115,000 more people during the next 15 years, he said.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US