Walgreens buys firms for a wellness unit
AP/Yahoo News, March 18, 2008
Drugstore operator Walgreen Co. has announced plans to buy two operators of worksite health centers as part of a new health and wellness division. Once the deals close, the new division will manage health centers and pharmacies at large company worksites. Walgreen Co. plans to eventually operate more than 500 worksite and retail health centers in 40 states.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer