Connecticut hospital opens new facility
Hartford Courant, March 19, 2008
Middlesex Hospital in Middletown, CT, has officially opened its new $31 million emergency department. The new ED has nearly twice the number of beds as before and three times the total space. There's also an array of new technology to streamline patient care, such as bedside registration systems, portable ultrasound equipment, laptops in every room for instant medical histories, and large, high-resolution screens to display digital X-rays. In addition, a new system allows doctors to type medicine and treatment orders directly into the computer.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers