Brazil staffs ERs in dengue outbreak
AP/Yahoo News, March 25, 2008
Brazil will send 671 health workers to Rio de Janeiro to help overwhelmed emergency rooms that are reporting 80 new cases of dengue fever every hour. Officials have also opened a crisis center for representatives from the state and federal governments and the armed forces to coordinate prevention efforts.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care