Union head moves to oust West Coast dissident
San Francisco Chronicle, March 27, 2008
Andy Stern, president of the Service Employees International Union, has moved toward ousting the leaders of its West Coast affiliate. The power struggle could affect hundreds of thousands of California workers and the state's strained healthcare industry. The labor leaders have clashed over Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's failed healthcare plan and over bargaining tactics with hospitals, nursing homes and other employers.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers