Jamaica launches free healthcare for all adults
Miami Herald, April 3, 2008
Jamaica says it has successfully launched free healthcare for all adults in public hospitals across the Caribbean country. The abolition of user fees at hospitals was going smoothly this week, with patients forming orderly lines while waiting to be seen, according to Health Minister Rudyard Spencer.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'