Louisiana hospital aligns with cancer site
Metairie, LA-based East Jefferson General Hospital has established a partnership with the University of Texas' M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. East Jefferson officials called the move a boon for cancer care in southeast Louisiana, and that the pact extends the range of M.D. Anderson's expertise to the New Orleans area. Under the three-year agreement, East Jeffeson will pay M.D. Anderson $500,000 annually, with an option to extend the relationship.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments