Louisiana hospital aligns with cancer site
Metairie, LA-based East Jefferson General Hospital has established a partnership with the University of Texas' M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. East Jefferson officials called the move a boon for cancer care in southeast Louisiana, and that the pact extends the range of M.D. Anderson's expertise to the New Orleans area. Under the three-year agreement, East Jeffeson will pay M.D. Anderson $500,000 annually, with an option to extend the relationship.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'