West Penn, Forbes have another new CEO
For the third time in less than a year, The Western Pennsylvania Hospital and its Forbes Regional affiliate have a new chief executive officer. Healthcare consultant Dawn Gideon will replace Ed Klaman. Klaman re-emerged from retirement to run Western Pennsylvania Hospital on an interim basis after Mark Palmer resigned. Palmer's exit came just a week after Jerry Fedele, chief executive of parent group West Penn Allegheny Health System, departed amid concerns about the pace of a long-promised consolidation of The Western Pennsylvania Hospital and Allegheny General Hospital.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts