West Penn, Forbes have another new CEO
For the third time in less than a year, The Western Pennsylvania Hospital and its Forbes Regional affiliate have a new chief executive officer. Healthcare consultant Dawn Gideon will replace Ed Klaman. Klaman re-emerged from retirement to run Western Pennsylvania Hospital on an interim basis after Mark Palmer resigned. Palmer's exit came just a week after Jerry Fedele, chief executive of parent group West Penn Allegheny Health System, departed amid concerns about the pace of a long-promised consolidation of The Western Pennsylvania Hospital and Allegheny General Hospital.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Cleveland Clinic Partners with North Shore-LIJ for Heart Care