West Penn, Forbes have another new CEO
For the third time in less than a year, The Western Pennsylvania Hospital and its Forbes Regional affiliate have a new chief executive officer. Healthcare consultant Dawn Gideon will replace Ed Klaman. Klaman re-emerged from retirement to run Western Pennsylvania Hospital on an interim basis after Mark Palmer resigned. Palmer's exit came just a week after Jerry Fedele, chief executive of parent group West Penn Allegheny Health System, departed amid concerns about the pace of a long-promised consolidation of The Western Pennsylvania Hospital and Allegheny General Hospital.
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream