Kansas City hospital’s expansion is on target
The first phase of work for St. Luke's Hospital's new Mid America Heart Institute in Kansas City is nearing completion. The new institute will be the cornerstone of the hospital's $350 million expansion of its main campus. The campus' expansion also will include the new $23 million, 21,000-square-foot Ellen J. Hockaday Center for Women’s Care; the $10 million, 9,000-square-foot Muriel I. Kauffman Women’s Heart Center; and new quarters for St. Luke’s Brain and Stroke Institute.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts