Former senators tackle health issues
AP/Yahoo News, April 17, 2008
Former Senate majority leaders Bob Dole, George Mitchell, Tom Daschle, and Howard Baker will craft a series of health policy recommendations that will be delivered in 2009 to a new president and Congress. Prior to making the recommendations, the senators will each oversee forums on four key pillars for reform: improving quality and value, improving access, ensuring a strong role for consumers, and finding a way to finance it. The project will be funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US