Orlando hospitals vie for heart-transplant programs
Both Orlando Regional Healthcare and Florida Hospital are filing applications with the state of Florida to start a heart-transplant program in Orlando. Both already are heavily marketing their cardiac services, using billboards and full-page ads to promote themselves. East Central Florida is the only region in the state without a heart-transplant program, but no other metropolitan area has more than one such program. Neither hospital system would say whether it planned to oppose the other's state-required application.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013