Blue Island, IL, makes pitch to save hospital
In an effort to save St. Francis Hospital from closing, the Blue Island (IL) City Council passed a resolution to allow city officials to participate in negotiations to sell the hospital. The resolution was supported by dozens of hospital staffers and residents at the meeting, but the owner of the 410-bed hospital has said it will close. The firm has said it has been approached by parties interested in taking over the financially troubled hospital since the closing announcement.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers