Oregon hospitals upgrade services and facilities
Several medical groups in Oregon continue to construct or remodel buildings, as well as implement technology to change how patients receive treatment. For example, Legacy Health System in Portland will construct a new, seven-story tower to expand the Legacy Emanuel Children's Hospital and provide a new Children's Emergency Department. Emanuel's west wing and patient tower will also be remodeled for additional adult intensive care and acute care beds. Also, Providence Portland Medical Center is expanding its computer system so it can carry more than half the orders for patient care at the hospital.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013