Senate fast-tracks Medicaid bill
Wall Street Journal (subscription required), April 25, 2008
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is trying to fast-track legislation that would block Medicaid rules likely to cut federal healthcare spending on the poor and force states to absorb billions of dollars in costs. Reid's "Rule 14" maneuver effectively bypasses the Senate Finance Committee and places the measure on the Senate calendar, meaning it can be brought to the Senate floor for consideration at any time.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers