The new face of WellStar Health System
Gregory Simone, MD, is a cardiologist but also a businessman with an MBA and chief executive officer of the Georgia-based WellStar Health System and its many satellite facilities. WellStar has 280 doctors in its physicians group, and a total of 1,100 who have medical staff privileges. The system has 1,311 beds and more than 11,000 employees—making it one of the largest healthcare providers in Georgia. Simone took over as the big boss of the system in 2007, six months after the death of his best friend, Robert Lipson, MD.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer