The new face of WellStar Health System
Gregory Simone, MD, is a cardiologist but also a businessman with an MBA and chief executive officer of the Georgia-based WellStar Health System and its many satellite facilities. WellStar has 280 doctors in its physicians group, and a total of 1,100 who have medical staff privileges. The system has 1,311 beds and more than 11,000 employees—making it one of the largest healthcare providers in Georgia. Simone took over as the big boss of the system in 2007, six months after the death of his best friend, Robert Lipson, MD.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations