Cuts coming to Somerville (MA) Hospital
Boston Globe, April 29, 2008
Somerville (MA) hospital's intensive care unit will be closed, surgery will be performed only between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., and the Somerville Transitional Care Unit will be closed, according to a report. The hospital's curtailing of services comes as the healthcare system it belongs to faces financial problems. Somerville Hospital is part of publicly funded Cambridge Health Alliance, a group facing a potential loss of $25 million to $35 million for the year.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers