Missouri health center to cut services
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, April 30, 2008
The John C. Murphy Health Center in Berkeley, MO, will no longer have pediatricians and obstetricians-gynecologists working there. The doctors will continue to be in two other county-run health centers. The change would not save money or reduce staff, but simply open up space in the crowded John C. Murphy Health Center, said health officials. In a statement, the director of the research and medical services division of the health department said "we recognize that some clients may be concerned about these changes, but I want to assure everyone who comes through our doors that no matter what clinic a county resident visits, they will have their medical needs assessed and addressed."
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care