Quicker approval for hospitals coming to Florida
One of Florida Gov. Charlie Crist's legislative priorities this year was to kill certificates of need for hospitals, saying they stifle competition and "have failed to achieve reduced costs and greater quality of care." Hospital officials who decried Crist's initial anti-CON stance are now praising the new, and they say improved, CON law that passed the Florida Legislature on the session's final day.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care