Excela Health buys Pennsylvania hospital
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, May 8, 2008
Jeanette, PA-based Mercy Jeannette Hospital has finalized its sale to Excela Health in an effort to stem losses while continuing to provide local hospital care and hundreds of jobs to the area. The hospital, which was renamed Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital at Jeannette, lost $6.5 million from its operations last year. Some services are moving to other Excela facilities, but Mercy Jeannette will continue providing emergency care; inpatient care, and advanced diagnostics.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts