Excela Health buys Pennsylvania hospital
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, May 8, 2008
Jeanette, PA-based Mercy Jeannette Hospital has finalized its sale to Excela Health in an effort to stem losses while continuing to provide local hospital care and hundreds of jobs to the area. The hospital, which was renamed Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital at Jeannette, lost $6.5 million from its operations last year. Some services are moving to other Excela facilities, but Mercy Jeannette will continue providing emergency care; inpatient care, and advanced diagnostics.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?