Excela Health buys Pennsylvania hospital
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, May 8, 2008
Jeanette, PA-based Mercy Jeannette Hospital has finalized its sale to Excela Health in an effort to stem losses while continuing to provide local hospital care and hundreds of jobs to the area. The hospital, which was renamed Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital at Jeannette, lost $6.5 million from its operations last year. Some services are moving to other Excela facilities, but Mercy Jeannette will continue providing emergency care; inpatient care, and advanced diagnostics.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013