Smart Business San Diego, May 16, 2008
Mike Murphy, CEO of Sharp Healthcare in San Diego, describes how his organization used Baldridge criteria, Six Sigma, Disney consultants, and the input of unhappy patients to implement systemwide quality improvement initiatives. The quality focus also aligned the organization with emerging trends in the healthcare industry, including pushing providers and executives toward a greater focus on quality.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013