Hospital battleground: University of Chicago eyes Northwestern’s territory
Chicago Tribune, June 2, 2008
In another attempt to compete with Northwestern Memorial Hospital on its home turf, the University of Chicago Medical Center plans to open a physicians practice within walking distance of Northwestern. The move by the University is considered significant because it is in the Streeterville neighborhood, which is dominated by providers of medical care affiliated with Northwestern University and Northwestern Memorial Hospital. A source close to the move said cardiology services will be part of the University's physician practice, and the services will include some University of Chicago heart doctors in order to attract by referral a more affluent patient base of people who live and work downtown.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Report: Enrollees still face account problems on Healthcare.gov
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers