Washington-based hospital system to try in-store clinics
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, June 5, 2008
Tacoma, WA-based MultiCare Health System plans to open two clinics in Rite Aid stores, in Tacoma and Lakewood, the first week of August. MultiCare is believed to be the first hospital system in Washington to open in-store clinics. Andrew Baron, MD, primary care medical director for MultiCare Medical Group, says MultiCare will be able to create and maintain an electronic medical record for a patient "that ties our retail clinics to our hospitals, our emergency rooms, that ties our retail clinics to our primary care physicians and specialists as well."
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts