Hospital panel lineup at issue in Louisiana's St. Bernard Parish
Ethical difficulties have prompted the St. Bernard Parish (LA) Council to consider trying to reshape the Hospital Services District Commission it appointed late last year. But in the meantime, the council has agreed to support legislation that would allow two doctors to serve on the commission even though they work for one of two hospital groups vying to win a lucrative contract from the commission.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'