Hospital panel lineup at issue in Louisiana's St. Bernard Parish
Ethical difficulties have prompted the St. Bernard Parish (LA) Council to consider trying to reshape the Hospital Services District Commission it appointed late last year. But in the meantime, the council has agreed to support legislation that would allow two doctors to serve on the commission even though they work for one of two hospital groups vying to win a lucrative contract from the commission.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer