Illinois hospital presses for its sale
Chicago Tribune, June 9, 2008
The transfer of Blue Island, IL-based St. Francis Hospital to a new ownership group is being put on a fast track to help stem the tide of employees who have been leaving because of uncertainty about the hospital's future. MSMC Investors LLC hopes to buy the hospital from SSM Health Care. SSM announced in April it could no longer afford to operate the facility because of its large numbers of uninsured and underinsured patients.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream