Illinois hospital presses for its sale
Chicago Tribune, June 9, 2008
The transfer of Blue Island, IL-based St. Francis Hospital to a new ownership group is being put on a fast track to help stem the tide of employees who have been leaving because of uncertainty about the hospital's future. MSMC Investors LLC hopes to buy the hospital from SSM Health Care. SSM announced in April it could no longer afford to operate the facility because of its large numbers of uninsured and underinsured patients.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- 2015 HIX Premium Hikes May Top 7%