Illinois hospital presses for its sale
Chicago Tribune, June 9, 2008
The transfer of Blue Island, IL-based St. Francis Hospital to a new ownership group is being put on a fast track to help stem the tide of employees who have been leaving because of uncertainty about the hospital's future. MSMC Investors LLC hopes to buy the hospital from SSM Health Care. SSM announced in April it could no longer afford to operate the facility because of its large numbers of uninsured and underinsured patients.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer