Illinois hospital presses for its sale
Chicago Tribune, June 9, 2008
The transfer of Blue Island, IL-based St. Francis Hospital to a new ownership group is being put on a fast track to help stem the tide of employees who have been leaving because of uncertainty about the hospital's future. MSMC Investors LLC hopes to buy the hospital from SSM Health Care. SSM announced in April it could no longer afford to operate the facility because of its large numbers of uninsured and underinsured patients.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations