Massachusetts Walgreens plans clinics to rival CVS’s
Walgreens is seeking state approval to open medical clinics inside 16 of its Massachusetts stores, a sign of competition for CVS's MinuteClinics. Walgreens wants to open a Take Care clinic inside a store in Boston, potentially setting up a showdown with Boston Mayor Thomas M. Menino, who opposes the clinics. Menino has argued that retail clinics providing episodic care will fracture the medical system and ultimately hurt patients.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers