Medical teaching tie severed in Chicago
Chicago Tribune, June 17, 2008
Northwestern University is terminating its long-standing academic affiliation with Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, paving the way for a similar teaching and research relationship with the University of Chicago. The coming change is expected to shake up the landscape among some of the Chicago area's most prestigious names in academic medicine. The end of Northwestern's affiliation with the healthcare provider also will eventually result in the Northwestern name coming down at Evanston Northwestern Healthcare. The changes will occur during a one-year transition period, and will involve more than 700 full-time and part-time faculty out of more than 3,000.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream