Clarian Health Partners, Bloomington (IN) Hospital to merge
Indianapolis Star, June 18, 2008
Bloomington (IN) Hospital has been given the green light to pursue its plans to integrate with Clarian Health Partners. Indianapolis-based Clarian includes the Riley Hospital for Children, Methodist Hospital and Indiana University Hospital. Under the plan, Clarian would take control of Bloomington in early 2010. The move is the latest example of smaller hospitals across Central Indiana teaming with the large Indianapolis-based systems as competition for patients, health workers and reimbursement heats up.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts