Want an efficient hospital? Ask ’why’ 1 million times
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, June 18, 2008
In 2009, SSM Health Care plans to open SSM St. Clare Health Center, a full-service acute-care center and state-of-the-art replacement for the 65-year-old SSM St. Joseph Hospital in Kirkwood, MO. The $236 million hospital is scheduled to open on March 30. SSM officials sought to streamline the healthcare delivery process through a facility that maximizes patient and practitioner efficiency. They started by scrutinizing processes like outpatient admissions and emergency department procedures and soliciting opinions from staff, physicians and patients.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer