Want an efficient hospital? Ask ’why’ 1 million times
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, June 18, 2008
In 2009, SSM Health Care plans to open SSM St. Clare Health Center, a full-service acute-care center and state-of-the-art replacement for the 65-year-old SSM St. Joseph Hospital in Kirkwood, MO. The $236 million hospital is scheduled to open on March 30. SSM officials sought to streamline the healthcare delivery process through a facility that maximizes patient and practitioner efficiency. They started by scrutinizing processes like outpatient admissions and emergency department procedures and soliciting opinions from staff, physicians and patients.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives