Want an efficient hospital? Ask ’why’ 1 million times
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, June 18, 2008
In 2009, SSM Health Care plans to open SSM St. Clare Health Center, a full-service acute-care center and state-of-the-art replacement for the 65-year-old SSM St. Joseph Hospital in Kirkwood, MO. The $236 million hospital is scheduled to open on March 30. SSM officials sought to streamline the healthcare delivery process through a facility that maximizes patient and practitioner efficiency. They started by scrutinizing processes like outpatient admissions and emergency department procedures and soliciting opinions from staff, physicians and patients.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts