Lawsuit by neonatologist against HCA Midwest goes to court
Kansas City Star, June 23, 2008
A lawsuit by a neonatologist William Topper against Kansas City-based HCA Midwest is headed to court. Topper is the former director of neonatal intensive care at Research Medical Center and Centerpoint Medical Center, which are both owned by HCA Midwest. Topper sued in July 2007 over his firing, alleging that HCA prematurely terminated his contract without cause because it wanted to replace him with neonatologist Kathleen Weatherstone. Weatherstone, who oversaw neonatal intensive care at HCA's Overland Park Regional Medical Center, was appointed the new director of the Research neonatal intensive-care unit.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'