Lawsuit by neonatologist against HCA Midwest goes to court
Kansas City Star, June 23, 2008
A lawsuit by a neonatologist William Topper against Kansas City-based HCA Midwest is headed to court. Topper is the former director of neonatal intensive care at Research Medical Center and Centerpoint Medical Center, which are both owned by HCA Midwest. Topper sued in July 2007 over his firing, alleging that HCA prematurely terminated his contract without cause because it wanted to replace him with neonatologist Kathleen Weatherstone. Weatherstone, who oversaw neonatal intensive care at HCA's Overland Park Regional Medical Center, was appointed the new director of the Research neonatal intensive-care unit.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers