Progress: Several Johnson County, KS, hospitals expanding operations
Kansas City Star, June 23, 2008
Hospitals in Johnson County, KS, are working to keep up with the needs of residents by establishing new construction projects. Some hospitals are building or acquiring new campus locations, while others are increasing square footage devoted to specialized services. The University of Kansas Hospital, for example, could see an addition called the KU Clinical Research Center. Also, Shawnee Mission Medical Center is teaming up with Kansas City Cancer Center to create an outpatient cancer center scheduled to open the third quarter of 2009.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream