Progress: Several Johnson County, KS, hospitals expanding operations
Kansas City Star, June 23, 2008
Hospitals in Johnson County, KS, are working to keep up with the needs of residents by establishing new construction projects. Some hospitals are building or acquiring new campus locations, while others are increasing square footage devoted to specialized services. The University of Kansas Hospital, for example, could see an addition called the KU Clinical Research Center. Also, Shawnee Mission Medical Center is teaming up with Kansas City Cancer Center to create an outpatient cancer center scheduled to open the third quarter of 2009.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised