Progress: Several Johnson County, KS, hospitals expanding operations
Kansas City Star, June 23, 2008
Hospitals in Johnson County, KS, are working to keep up with the needs of residents by establishing new construction projects. Some hospitals are building or acquiring new campus locations, while others are increasing square footage devoted to specialized services. The University of Kansas Hospital, for example, could see an addition called the KU Clinical Research Center. Also, Shawnee Mission Medical Center is teaming up with Kansas City Cancer Center to create an outpatient cancer center scheduled to open the third quarter of 2009.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer