Birmingham-based medical center files request for emergency department
Birmingham News, June 24, 2008
Birmingham, AL-based Brookwood Medical Center has filed an application for state approval of a $19 million, freestanding emergency department. The Certificate of Need application says the lack of hospital-level emergency care in the densely populated area of North Shelby County demands such a project. The expected growth of the region in the immediate future further highlights the need, said Brookwood representatives.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Cleveland Clinic Partners with North Shore-LIJ for Heart Care