Erie County, NY, loses suit to shut hospital
Erie County's attempt to force New York state to close either Buffalo General Hospital or Erie County Medical Center has been dismissed in the state Supreme Court. Judge John Curran ended the effort in a decision that indicated the June 23 settlement between the health systems averted any action to shutter a facility.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'