Deadline nears on Highmark talks with Johnstown, PA, hospital system
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, June 27, 2008
Highmark Inc.'s contract with the Johnstown, PA-based Conemaugh Health System is set to expire, and those insured by Highmark Blue Shield already have received letters notifying them that their access to the system could be in jeopardy. But even if the two parties can't reach an agreement, most Highmark policyholders who use the Conemaugh system wouldn't see any immediate changes to their access or to the rates they pay. Both Highmark and Conemaugh say they hope to strike a deal on reimbursement rates between now and June 30, rendering moot the letters that have been sent out.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013