Illinois OKs transfer of St. Francis Hospital ownership
Chicago Tribune, July 3, 2008
The Illinois Health Facilities Planning Board has approved St. Francis Hospital & Health Center's transfer of ownership application to MSMC Investors. MSMC is buying the Catholic hospital in south suburban Blue Island, IL, and was the only company to step forward to purchase St. Francis after the hospital announced it would close in April amid rising numbers of uninsured patients who cannot pay their medical bills and other issues. SSM Health Care, St. Francis' parent, and MSMC said in a joint statement that they hope to finalize the transaction July 30.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream