Illinois OKs transfer of St. Francis Hospital ownership
Chicago Tribune, July 3, 2008
The Illinois Health Facilities Planning Board has approved St. Francis Hospital & Health Center's transfer of ownership application to MSMC Investors. MSMC is buying the Catholic hospital in south suburban Blue Island, IL, and was the only company to step forward to purchase St. Francis after the hospital announced it would close in April amid rising numbers of uninsured patients who cannot pay their medical bills and other issues. SSM Health Care, St. Francis' parent, and MSMC said in a joint statement that they hope to finalize the transaction July 30.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives