Illinois OKs transfer of St. Francis Hospital ownership
Chicago Tribune, July 3, 2008
The Illinois Health Facilities Planning Board has approved St. Francis Hospital & Health Center's transfer of ownership application to MSMC Investors. MSMC is buying the Catholic hospital in south suburban Blue Island, IL, and was the only company to step forward to purchase St. Francis after the hospital announced it would close in April amid rising numbers of uninsured patients who cannot pay their medical bills and other issues. SSM Health Care, St. Francis' parent, and MSMC said in a joint statement that they hope to finalize the transaction July 30.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?