Europeans take beauty trip to United States
Wall Street Journal (subscription required), July 8, 2008
U.S. surgeons say they are seeing an influx of overseas patients who are taking advantage of the weak dollar to schedule cosmetic surgery. As a result, U.S. hospitals and prominent plastic surgeons have begun to tailor marketing campaigns targeted at Europeans, touting both their medical expertise as well as lower cost. Some U.S. plastic surgeons are promoting themselves through in-flight magazines.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions