Paul Levy: The message you hope never to send
Paul Levy, President and CEO of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, comments on how an experienced surgeon at the facility recently operated on the wrong side of a patient. In this item from his "Running a Hospital" blog, Levy publishes the e-mail that hospital administrators sent to staff members regarding the incident, then comments on the experience. Levy says that while he feels "incredibly badly about the event," he is happy about the actions taken by individuals and groups involved immediately afterward.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness