Mercy Medical Center takes over Dallas County, IA, hospital
Des Moines Register, July 9, 2008
Perry, IA-based Dallas County Hospital, which was managed for years by executives from Iowa Health-Des Moines, is now being run by Mercy Medical Center. Iowa Health had managed the public hospital since the 1980s, but withdrew from the contract because of undisclosed disagreements with the hospital's board. Iowa Health and Mercy dominate the healthcare market in central Iowa. They own all five of Des Moines' private hospitals, and provide management services for several smaller, rural hospitals.
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Another SGR Patch Likely, Lawmaker Says
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Lahey Health Reexamines the Appropriate Care Model