Prince George’s County, MD, Hospital Authority embarks on tough mission
The long-sought Prince George's County (MD) Hospital Authority has held its first meeting, adopting bylaws and deciding to hire at least two consultants to advise members as they attempt to sell the county's hospital system. The Authority will accept bids from healthcare companies interested in taking over the system, which comprises Prince George's Hospital Center, Laurel Regional Hospital, Bowie Health Campus, and two nursing homes. The system is owned by the county and managed by Dimensions Healthcare System.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'