Prince George’s County, MD, Hospital Authority embarks on tough mission
The long-sought Prince George's County (MD) Hospital Authority has held its first meeting, adopting bylaws and deciding to hire at least two consultants to advise members as they attempt to sell the county's hospital system. The Authority will accept bids from healthcare companies interested in taking over the system, which comprises Prince George's Hospital Center, Laurel Regional Hospital, Bowie Health Campus, and two nursing homes. The system is owned by the county and managed by Dimensions Healthcare System.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'