GM weighs more layoffs, sale of brands
GM's Board of Directors is expected to approve a layoff plan in August that will impact thousands of white-collar jobs; they are also considering selling some the company's brands. GM officials are now re-evaluating their strategy and their hope to meet internal projections of returning to profitability by 2010, as the company remains in a sales slump and deals with its lowest stock price in 50 years.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Access to EHR Notes Lauded by Patients, Providers
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'