Detroit Medical Center to add pediatric care in Madison Heights
Detroit Free Press, July 11, 2008
The Detroit Medical Center has changed the name and expanded the scope of services at its Madison Heights, MI, hospital to include a wide range of specialized pediatric services. The Michigan Orthopaedic Specialty Hospital, which is struggling financially, has been renamed the DMC Surgery Hospital. The adult orthopedic facility will add services for children in orthopedics, plastic and reconstructive surgery, developmental dentistry, otolaryngology, gastroenterology, general surgery and ophthalmology, as well as outpatient physical and occupational therapy.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts