Open heart surgery site opposed by Atlanta hospitals
Three metro Atlanta hospitals have filed written appeals opposing an open heart surgery center approved for Lawrenceville, GA-based Gwinnett Medical Center. Gwinnett Medical Center cleared a major hurdle June 5 by gaining approval from the state Department of Community Health to start the open heart surgery center. However, the recent hospital opposition to the $32.9 million project places the project in limbo. Gwinnett Medical Center President and CEO Phil Wolfe issued a written statement saying he is "deeply disappointed" by the opposition.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US