CEO finalists for Atlanta hospital called ’a good group’
Given the organization's recent troubles, the CEO job at Atlanta's Grady Memorial Hospital would appear to fall somewhere between unattractive and impossible, but industry experts said the slate of finalists is impressive. The winner will become the sixth leader of the Grady Health System in the past three years. The new head of Grady will face daunting challenges—the hospital's finance chief has projected a deficit of $18 million to $43 million this year. But all the candidates for the CEO job have dealt with some of the same problems that plague Grady, consultants say.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?