University of Iowa names new hospital CEO
University of Iowa officials have named Kenneth Kates, a healthcare consultant with Alvarez & Marsal in Chicago, CEO of U of I Hospitals. Kates will take the U of I post Sept. 15 and be paid an annual salary of $540,000. Kates succeeds Donna Katen-Bahensky, who resigned Dec. 5 after leading the hospital since 2002. University officials said they did not renew Katen-Bahensky's contract because she did not support a reorganization of the hospital and the U of I Carver College of Medicine.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream