University of Iowa names new hospital CEO
University of Iowa officials have named Kenneth Kates, a healthcare consultant with Alvarez & Marsal in Chicago, CEO of U of I Hospitals. Kates will take the U of I post Sept. 15 and be paid an annual salary of $540,000. Kates succeeds Donna Katen-Bahensky, who resigned Dec. 5 after leading the hospital since 2002. University officials said they did not renew Katen-Bahensky's contract because she did not support a reorganization of the hospital and the U of I Carver College of Medicine.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013