University of Iowa names new hospital CEO
University of Iowa officials have named Kenneth Kates, a healthcare consultant with Alvarez & Marsal in Chicago, CEO of U of I Hospitals. Kates will take the U of I post Sept. 15 and be paid an annual salary of $540,000. Kates succeeds Donna Katen-Bahensky, who resigned Dec. 5 after leading the hospital since 2002. University officials said they did not renew Katen-Bahensky's contract because she did not support a reorganization of the hospital and the U of I Carver College of Medicine.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts