Mercy admits role fighting Einstein over Pennsylvania hospital
Mercy Health System has admitted that it financially backed zoning challenges by two neighborhood residents to Albert Einstein Healthcare Network's hospital project in Montgomery County, PA. Mercy Suburban Hospital is about two miles away from the proposed $300 million, 192-bed facility that Einstein and Montgomery Hospital want to build. Einstein recently filed an emergency motion seeking the power to question lawyers and their clients about the role of a lobbying firm that lists several hospitals, including Mercy, as clients.
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- The Trouble with Hospital Price Transparency
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram